This is info about our Outdoor Beginner String Fling Concert on Thursday, October 8th at 6:00pm outside Dowell Middle School!
Information for the Outdoor String Fling Concert:
WHEN: Concert – Thursday October 8th at 6:00pm
Students arrive at 5:40pm – Uncase in the orchestra room
NOTE: Virtual Learners who are joining us in person may uncase outside at a predesignated area near the performance spot and not in the orchestra room
WHO: Performance Features Beginners and a special guest performance!
WHERE: South Side of School—Lawn between the building and football field
- Parents/family should plan to bring lawn chairs/picnic blankets to sit on. This are will be close to the parking lot, but visibility may be limited.
DRESS: Orchestra T-Shirt and long, nice jeans (no holes). Shoes -Toes covered. Jacket/Sweatshirt optional
Notes for Concert:
- As required by Dowell MS/McKinney ISD/State of Texas – mask are required by all participants and patrons.
- Parents and family drop off students at the front entrance of school. Virtual learners joining us in person may go straight to the performance area and uncase outside.
- This concert will be live streamed using a secure site AnywhereSeat for Parents/Family! I’ll send out the link via email and canvas. Streaming starts at 5:50pm
*Note – In the event that the live stream does not work, the concert will be recorded and I’ll send out the link in the following days.
- Concert will be about a half hour long.
- Virtual Learners: Please let me know if you plan to attend the concert in person by responding to this email by Monday, October 5th.
- Students will be practicing for this concert on Tuesday, October 6th during 1st Period. Virtual Learners will need to participate using Zoom, regardless of if they’ll be in person or not. Students missing 1st P classes may go make up any working during their regular scheduled orchestra classes.
The beginners are doing great and everyone is looking forward to this event! Keep your fingers crossed that the weather remains beautiful!